"Be the change you want to see in the world."
BE A MULTICULTURAL MAVERICK!
Looking for a unique way to get involved on campus? We are seeking energetic and creative students excited about designing activities that celebrate diversity at UT Arlington. The Multicultural Mavericks is a program designed to allow students to have a voice in shaping the heritage months on campus.
Specifically, the Multicultural Mavericks are a team of students who help create, plan, and implement:
- Hispanic Heritage Month (Sept 15 – October 15)
- Asian Heritage Month (November)
- Black History Month (February)
- Interested in Women’s History Month? Please refer to Women in Leadership
An exciting opportunity awaits you!
- All UT Arlington students are welcome. The Multicultural Mavericks are made up of a diverse group of students, and we welcome all those excited about the opportunity!
- Committee members work together to brainstorm and implement ideas for heritage month events including social, cultural, educational, and philanthropic activities.
- Members will work together to create and plan heritage month celebrations for campus. You may also elect to participate in additional sub-committees for special flagship events (e.g. Carnaval for Hispanic Heritage Month; One Night in Asia talent show for Asian Heritage Month, and the Black Leadership Institute for Black History Month).
- Planning meetings are held from September through February.
- Members are required to attend at least 5 events per semester. These can be chosen from a variety of activities including general body meetings, subcommittee meetings, and/or volunteering to assist at heritage month events. Exact calendar will be discussed at Member Retreat.
- Meet new friends and have fun
- Gain valuable leadership experience
- Connect with campus resources and network with other student leaders, faculty and staff
- Bolster self confidence
- Earn official Multicultural Mavericks apparel
- Help to positively contribute to celebrating UT Arlington diversity
The application period to join the Multicultural Mavericks committee for 2014-15 has now passed. Applications are accepted each summer through early September. New students admitted to UTA in the spring will have a chance to join the spring cohort in January. Check back for updates.
Email email@example.com. Students are also welcome to stop by our office in the lower level University Center to speak with a member of the Multicultural Mavericks Executive Board. The Board consists of three talented student leaders who oversee each of the three planning committees. We look forward to meeting you!