Leaders Educating About Diversity
The Leaders Educating About Diversity (L.E.A.D.) are a select group of students chosen to be the official diversity ambassadors for Multicultural Affairs.
The L.E.A.D. team serve as peer facilitators for our Maversity diversity workshop series. In addition, L.E.A.D. also help to provide diversity training by special request to campus groups such as the resident advisors, orientation leaders, Leadership Academy, FIG classes, and many more! Plus, the team also serves as the student hosts for the annual Diversity Lecture Series and UTA Diversity Week!
Benefits of L.E.A.D. Membership
L.E.A.D. members have the opportunity to
- Participate in the annual Kaleidoscope Multicultural Leaders Retreat
- Attend the annual Fall Leadership Retreat for all UT Arlington student leaders
- Receive advanced training on facilitating diversity dialogues and Maversity workshops
- Build valuable leadership and intercommunication skills
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Help promote diversity and social justice at UT Arlington!
L.E.A.D. responsibilities include
- Attend the L.E.A.D. orientation retreat at the end of each August
- Complete 1 office hour per week in Multicultural Affairs
- Planning and facilitating Maversity and special request diversity workshops
- Assist in planning the annual MAVfest diversity week festival
L.E.A.D. MEMBERS 2016-17
Be a LEADer!
We currently are accepting applications to fill one vacancy.
Must be a UTA student.
Friday, January 27th at 5pm