DIVERSITY WORKSHOP SERIES
The Maversity program consists of a series of diversity workshops aimed at empowering students to be leaders in a diverse community. These fun and interactive workshops are open to all UT Arlington students. Maversity provides a safe space to probe hot topics like gender, race, stereotypes, prejudice, privilege, personal identity, socio-economic class, and social justice issues. Maversity workshops are hosted by the Leaders Educating About Diversity (LEAD) team, a specially selected group of student peer facilitators.
Through participation in Maversity, students will be able to…
- Explore personal beliefs about diversity issues.
- Increase understanding and sensitivity among individuals.
- Discover common ground and similarities.
- Develop leadership, conflict resolution and critical thinking skills.
Through these opportunities, the intended outcomes are to…
- Encourage civic engagement and social responsibility.
- Foster respect and collaboration amongst groups.
- Empower students to be servant leaders in a diverse community.
How can you participate?
- Six workshops are held each semester.
- New topics are offered each workshop so you can attend one or multiple sessions!
- Space is limited to 25 students per workshop.
- Free lunch served at all workshops.
Earn recognition awards!
- The more workshops you attend, the more prizes you earn!
- See the recognition levels link on left side menu for more details.
- Attend an elective event to climb the recognition ladder. Electives listed on link on left menu.
Be a LEADer!
We currently are accepting applications to fill one vacancy.
Must be a UTA student.
Friday, January 27th at 5pm