DIVERSITY WORKSHOP SERIES
The Maversity program consists of a series of diversity workshops aimed at empowering students to be leaders in a diverse community. These fun and interactive workshops are open to all UT Arlington students. Maversity provides a safe space to probe hot topics like gender, race, stereotypes, prejudice, privilege, personal identity, socio-economic class, and social justice issues. Maversity workshops are hosted by the Leaders Educating About Diversity (LEAD) team, a specially selected group of student peer facilitators.
Through participation in Maversity, students will be able to…
- Explore personal beliefs about diversity issues.
- Increase understanding and sensitivity among individuals.
- Discover common ground and similarities.
- Develop leadership, conflict resolution and critical thinking skills.
Through these opportunities, the intended outcomes are to…
- Encourage civic engagement and social responsibility.
- Foster respect and collaboration amongst groups.
- Empower students to be servant leaders in a diverse community.
How can you participate?
- Six workshops are held each semester.
- New topics are offered each workshop so you can attend one or multiple sessions!
- Space is limited to 25 students per workshop.
- Free lunch served at all workshops.
Earn recognition awards!
- The more workshops you attend, the more prizes you earn!
- See the recognition levels link on left side menu for more details.
- Attend an elective event to climb the recognition ladder. Electives listed on link on left menu.
NOW HIRING NEW LEAD TEAM MEMBERS FOr SPRING 2016!
Interested in being the Lead Team Coordinator or on the Volunteer team?
Deadline to apply is by 5 p.m. December 10th.
Special Guest Presenters
At least once per semester, the Maversity workshop series features a special guest faculty/staff presenter who shares their expertise on social justice and diversity awareness. Learn details by visiting the workshop schedule.