Black Leadership Institute
Black Leadership Institute (BLI) provides an excellent opportunity to coalition build among the African American community at the UT Arlington. Selected BLI participants will be invited to a series of workshops designed to enhance leadership skills, educate on the African culture from a historical framework, and motivate students to be successful inside and outside the classroom.
Save the date
Next Black Leadership Institute is scheduled for Saturday, February 15, 2014. Application period is now open!
Through participation in BLI, participants will have the opportunity to
- Attend special activities designed to educate students on their African heritage
- Strengthen leadership skills
- Bring students together strengthened their support network
- Bolster self confidence
- Motivate participants to be successful inside and outside the classroom
- Develop mentorship relationships with African American faculty, staff and alumni
All currently enroled UT Arlington students are eligible to apply. Questions: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Details for the next BLI will be coming this Fall Check back for updates.
BLI Kiongozi Leaders Announced
Check out the BLI Kiongozi Peer Leader team 2014