Black Leadership Institute
Black Leadership Institute (BLI) provides an excellent opportunity to coalition build among the African American community at the UT Arlington. Selected BLI participants will be invited to a series of workshops designed to enhance leadership skills, educate on the African culture from a historical framework, and motivate students to be successful inside and outside the classroom.
Save the date
Next Black Leadership Institute is scheduled for Saturday, February 13, 2016. Application period is now open!
Through participation in BLI, participants will have the opportunity to
- Attend special activities designed to educate students on their African heritage
- Strengthen leadership skills
- Bring students together strengthened their support network
- Bolster self confidence
- Motivate participants to be successful inside and outside the classroom
- Develop mentorship relationships with African American faculty, staff and alumni
All currently enroled UT Arlington students are eligible to apply. Questions: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration for the next BLI will open in October 2015. Check back for updates.
Apply to be a BLI Kiongozi Leader 2015
Interested in joining the team? Applications will be available this October. Check back for updates. View BLI Kiongozi details.