BLI 2014 Kiongozi Team!
Want to play an active role in making this year’s Black Leadership Institute a success? Apply to join the BLI Kiongozi team! A total of 8-10 students will be selected to assist as small group leaders and to assist with the coordination of the event. Learn more below:
Must be a UT Arlington student with a minimum 2.5 GPA by application deadline.
Role & Responsibilities:
Kiongozis are responsible for the following:
- Attend mandatory training session prior to event (Exact date and time will be emailed later to chosen Kiongozi)
- Assist with tabling for BLI recruitment in UC at least 1 time between Jan 15-31 During BLI
- Assist with setup and breakdown of event (e.g. decorations, registration table, a/v needs, etc)
- Aiding attendees with check-in and seating assignments
- Leading a small group of 10-12 students in discussion, peer-to-peer conversations
- Aiding workshop presenters through introduction and time keeping
- Assist with serving breakfast and lunch
- Distributing and collecting program evaluation forms
We highly encourage Kiongozi members to have a high level of enthusiasm and aide in promoting this event since the team plays an integral role in the experience.
- Exclusive BLI Kiongozi Apparel
- Upon successful completion to the listed responsibilities you will receive a Letter of Recommendation from the Director of Multicultural Affairs, Leticia Martinez, to use for your future scholastic or professional endeavors
- Recognition at the annual Diversity Recognition Awards Ceremony to be held on April 23, 2014.
Contact Rickey Townsend, BLI 2014 Coordinator, at email@example.com
Application and Deadline:
The deadline was February 7th at 5 p.m. The Application period has now closed.
The Kiongozi Team!
Michael Coleman II