Black Leadership Institute
Saturday, February 11th, 2017
The Black Leadership Institute (BLI) is an annual 1-day conference hosted by the Multicultural Mavericks. BLI provides an excellent opportunity to coalition build among the African American community at the UT Arlington. Selected BLI participants will be invited to a series of workshops designed to enhance leadership skills, educate on the African culture from a historical framework, and motivate students to be successful inside and outside the classroom.
Through participation in BLI, participants will have the opportunity to
- Attend special activities designed to educate students on their African heritage
- Strengthen leadership skills
- Bring students together strengthened their support network
- Bolster self confidence
- Motivate participants to be successful inside and outside the classroom
- Develop mentorship relationships with African American faculty, staff and alumni
All currently enroled UT Arlington students are eligible to apply. Space is limited and will be granted on a first come-first serve basis.
All registered participants will receive an official commemorative BLI tee shirt plus be entered in a drawing for your chance to win one of these prizes! Winners will be announced at BLI.
* 3 lucky students will win a UTA sweatshirt
* 5 lucky students will win a UTA travel blanket
* 10 lucky students will win a Black History Month tee shirt
REGISTRATION & ELIGIBILITY
All currently enrolled UT Arlington students are eligible to apply. Space is limited and will be given on a first come-first serve basis. See registration link to the right.
Deadline to register is Wed., February 1st
For questions regarding BLI please email Black History Month Chair Michael Baker II at email@example.com