Leadership & Clubs
Build Your Leadership With Multicultural Affairs!
Take advantage of the special opportunities Multicultural Affairs offers to develop your personal and professional leadership skills. We host a variety of multicultural leadership development programs aimed at helping you to strengthen your potential for success in a global community! Explore the leadership focused programs we offer and challenge yourself to the complete the checklist below!
Checklist: Top 5 Ways to Build Your Leadership with Multicultural Affairs
- Get involved with one of the multicultural student organizations on campus. Culturally based groups celebrate culture while helping you build a support network on campus. Groups range from social, political, academic, and greek letter groups.
- Participate in the Black Leadership Institute during Black History Month in February. This special program helps to address retention issues while guest presenters help to inspire students to new heights!
- All the women who are independent, throw your hands up! We want to see you join the Women in Leadership program. Whether you’re an aspiring or seasoned leader, this is a chance to network with women just like you who strive to conquer new challenges!
- Communicate! Collaborate! Officers of multicultural student organizations are invited annually to our Kaleidoscope Multicultural Leaders Retreat. Meet other newly elected officers while building relationships and sharpening up your skills at leading diverse student groups.
- Stay connected! There’s always something new going on. Visit our website calendar of events regularly to get the latest 4-1-1 on what events are coming up. Join our facebook group, “UTA Multicultural Mavericks” to catch the news of the latest opportunity we have in store. Subscribe to our Multicultural Mavericks newsletter (sign up on our Gallery). And of course, you are welcome to stop by our office anytime to speak with one of our friendly staff if you have questions. Don’t be the last to know! Follow us on the web or facebook!
Find your fit
Involvement in a sorority or fraternity encourages the development of your personal, professional, and scholastic goals.