Women in Leadership
The Women in Leadership (WIL) program is an excellent opportunity to develop relationships with women like you who strive to make a positive difference in the community! The program is open to all current and rising female student leaders at UT Arlington.
Women in Leadership Activities
Each year, approximately 50 students are chosen to participate in the official Women in Leadership (WIL) cohort. These selected members benefit from member-only events including monthly workshops focusing on leadership, health/wellness and women’s issues. In addition, members enjoy networking and social activities including the chance to participate in WIL teams for campus traditions like Oozeball, Homecoming, and Bed Races. In addition, members are strongly encouraged to participate in the Women’s History Month student planning committee.
WIL members may also apply for sponsorship to attend the annual Fall Leadership Retreat hosted by the Division of Student Affairs. WIL members also get the chance to connect with various role models on campus including representatives from the Leadership Center, Student Governance & Organizations, Women & Gender Studies, RVSP office, and Counseling Services. Over the years, many WIL members have been active in various student organizations on campus and have served as officers in groups like Student Congress, Student Alumni Association, AMAS, LASO, Maverick Marauders, BSA, NAACP, VSA, and more. Join us and be empowered!
Selected members will be invited to the Women in Leadership Summit held each March during Women’s History Month. This day long retreat will feature team building activities, interactive seminars designed to foster a positive self image and increase knowledge of your personal leadership style. Guest presenters include faculty, staff and local community leaders whose workshops aim to help you develop your personal and professional skills.
Women in Leadership members will have the opportunity to
- Enjoy the chance to connect with women committed to reaching their goals!
- Strengthen your leadership skills
- Make new friends while attending the annual WIL Summit
- Connect to campus resources
- Gain valuable career advice
- Bolster your self confidence
Program requirements will be discussed in detail at the WIL Member Retreat & Orientation
- Attend the WIL Member Retreat & Orientation scheduled for Monday Sept 17th 5.30 pm to 7.30 pm in the UC Bluebonnet Ballroom. Members with conflicts should notify the WIL Coordinator. Details will be provided when you are selected for membership.
- Attend one Maversity workshop
- Begin your UTA Co-Curricular Transcript
- Attend a Diversity Lecture Series
- Attend 2 WIL member workshops per semester
- Participate in a Women’s History Month planning subcommittee meeting at least once
- Attend at least one leadership workshop or event per semester (e.g. WIL Summit in spring)
To maintain membership, participants must complete at least 70% of the requirements per semester. Members who successfully complete WIL will be honored at the annual Diversity Recognition Awards in April.
Application Period 2012-13
Deadline to apply for the WIL class of 2012-13 was Friday, Sept. 7th. The application period is now closed. Although the deadline to join the official cohort has passed, there is still an opportunity for all UTA students to participate in the annual WIL Summit held in March. Check back on our website in January for updates and Summit registration.
Questions: Email email@example.com
Although the deadline to apply for the official cohort 2012-13 has passed, all students are welcome to participate in the annual WIL Summit in March.
Check back for updates in January.