Women’s History Month (WHM) March
Women’s History Month is a chance to acknowledge and show our appreciation for the significant contributions that female leaders, scholars, family members, and researchers have played in our society. Women's History Month is coordinated by the members of the Women in Leadership program.
The Women in Leadership members invite the entire campus community to learn about women who blazed new trails in history while recognizing outstanding women who continue to make an impact today. Featured events include the annual WHM service project, Women’s Studies speaker series, and the Women in Leadership Summit.
Students interested in helping plan Women’s History Month are encouraged to join the Women in Leadership program.
2014 Schedule of Events (more Details Coming Soon)
- Women's History Month Walk Hosted by the Women in Leadership, College Park Center, 3:30 p.m., Register Online by Friday, Feb. 21st
- Spirit Night at Women's Basketball game vs. Western Kentucky, College Park Center, Doors open at 4 p.m. Game at 5 p.m., For tickets visit www.utatickets.com
- League of Extraordinary Women Gallery Exhibit Hosted by the Women in Leadership Program, UC Gallery, Weekdays 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
Begin Women’s History Month with a vosit to our gallery exhibit highlighting iconic events, movements, and personalities of women throughout history. Hosted by the Women in Leadership and the Department of Women’s & Gender Studies. Free and open to the public. Part of UT Arlington Diversity Week 2014 and Women’s History Month.
- League of Extraordinary Women Gallery Reception with special guest Minnijean Brown Trickey, Diversity Lecture Series featured keynote, UC Gallery, 3:30 p.m.-5 p.m.
- Documentary Screening: Wonder Woman! The Untold Story of American Superheroines Hosted by the Women's and Gender Studies Department, Location TBD, 7 p.m.
- Women in Leadership Summit Hosted by the Women in Leadership Program, UC 2nd floor ,8 a.m.- 3:30 p.m., Register online via our website by Friday, March 7th
- Extraordinary Talent Open Mic Night Hosted by the Women in Leadership Program, UC Palo Duro, 7 p.m.- 8:30 p.m..
Register Now for WHM Health Walk 2014!
The UTA community is invited to participate on March 1st from 3:30 – 4:45 p.m.Register by Wed. Feb. 26th!
WHERE THERE'S A W.I.L., THERE'S A WAY
The annual Women in Leadership (W.I.L.) Summit is a flagship tradition of Women’s History Month. Learn more about how you can become a Woman in Leadership.