ESPN Friday Night Fights to take center stage at College Park Center
ARLINGTON - The University of Texas at Arlington’s new College Park Center will host its first general admission event produced by an outside promoter on Feb. 17: ESPN Friday Night Fights.
The night of world-class boxing starts at 7 p.m. The main event will feature a junior welterweight matchup between Mike Dallas Jr. (17-2-1, 7 KOs) and Miguel Gonzalez (20-2, 15 KOs). The website FightHype.com said Gonzalez is looking for his 15th straight win.
The new $78 million College Park Center opened Feb. 1 with a UT Arlington basketball doubleheader and a grand opening celebration between the women's and men's evening games. The ESPN event is the first major, public sporting event open to the public and produced by an outside promoter.
Grammy-nominated artist Drake will play at the center March 2 in an sold-out show primarily for UT Arlington students, faculty and staff.
Getting fight fans ready will be Dallas-Fort Worth favorites, Ray Ximinez vs. Lamar Charlton and Jose Rodriguez vs. Alex Lopez. The opening bell will be the pro-debut for Matt Patton as he faces Waylon Dumas.
There are seven bouts scheduled for the evening’s action. Three other world-ranked contenders also will vie in the ring. Also slated for action on the undercard are 2008 United States Olympians Shawn Estrada (13-0) and Luis Yanez (4-0-1).
The ESPN Friday Night Fights event also will be the first nationally televised broadcast from College Park Center.
Boxing match details
- Tickets are on sale now through Jan. 31 at the Texas Hall box office and will be available at the College Park Center box office, 601 S. Pecan St. on Feb. 1 and thereafter. Tickets also may be purchased online at www.utatickets.com or by calling 817-272-9595.
- Ticket prices are $25, $35, $50 and $100 (VIP ringside) plus ticket/facility charges. VIP ringside tickets holders receive seating on the first five rows, valet parking and admission to the VIP Ringsiders Club.
- Students, faculty and staff may receive half-off ticket prices for seats in the rear of Sections 101-110. The discount offer is valid until 5 p.m. Feb. 10.
About College Park Center
- The 7,000-seat events venue was designed by HKS Inc., architects of Dallas Cowboys Stadium and other major sports and entertainment venues. It will be the new home court for UT Arlington basketball and volleyball, commencement exercises, concerts and other major events. College Park Center anchors College Park District, a residential and retail development just blocks from downtown Arlington.
- The College Park Center grand opening celebration is Feb. 1 in conjunction with women’s and men’s basketball games against UT San Antonio. Doors open at 5 p.m. with the women's game tipoff at 6 p.m. Admission is free, but tickets are required. Check www.utacollegepark.com for availabiity or the College Box Center box office for returned tickets.
Visit www.utacollegepark.com to learn more.
About The University of Texas at Arlington
The University of Texas at Arlington is a comprehensive research institution of 33,439 students in the heart of North Texas. Visit www.uta.edu to learn more.
The University of Texas at Arlington is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
america architecture bioengineering biology chemistry collaboration computer economic economy emerging endowment english environmental explore hospital innovative institute lab leader math maverick nursing online partnership professors retail speakers tech venue war
New Student Veteran Orientation
Wed, Jun 19 – All Day
Access to Engineering
Wed, Jun 19 – 8:30 am
897 Square: Group Exhibition
Wed, Jun 19 – 12:00 pm
We Are Astronomers
Wed, Jun 19 – 2:00 pm
Discount Texas Ranger Tickets
Wed, Jun 19 – 7:05 pm