UT Arlington marks Homecoming 2012 with Feb. 11 suped-up parade, public street festival
ARLINGTON – From ‘Paint your Ride with Maverick Pride’ to a chili cook-off to a basketball game, this year’s homecoming festivities are sure to unite students, faculty, staff and alumni in a special way at UT Arlington.
“This is a time to celebrate for UT Arlington students, alumni and our supporters,” said Frank Lamas, vice president of Student Affairs at The University of Texas at Arlington. “The College Park Center opening was a tremendous success, and we fully expect homecoming to shine an even bigger spotlight on the great things taking shape here in Maverick Country.”
For the first time in school history, homecoming will include The Festival on the Plaza, a street party featuring food, music, activities, a pep rally and an all-new homecoming parade.
Lora Malone, executive director of the UT Arlington Alumni Association, said the event will be unlike anything alums have experienced.
“The celebration will be a true testament of the commitment of the University to keep the alumni involved and connected,” Malone said.
Homecoming week kicks off with a residence hall decorating contest Thursday, Feb. 9, and wraps up with the homecoming king and queen coronation Saturday, Feb. 11.
The men’s basketball team will host Texas State at 7 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 11, at College Park Center, 601 S. Pecan St.
The free, general admission tickets have all been claimed, but premium seats are still available for sale by calling 817-272-5706. Check www.utatickets.com or the College Park Center box office for turn-back tickets and other seating availability.
- Paint your Ride with Maverick Pride, noon Feb. 9, Arlington Hall Turn-around, 600 S. Pecan St.
- Homecoming Step Show-Breaking the Stage, 7 p.m. Feb. 9, Texas Hall, 701 W. Nedderman Drive
- The Bash, for one night, 9 p.m. Feb. 10, College Park Center will turn into the biggest nightclub in town. College Park Center, 601 S. Pecan St.
- Chili Cook-Off, noon Feb. 10, E. H. Hereford University Center Mall, 300 W. First St.
- Homecoming Golf Tournament, 8 a.m. Feb. 11, Mansfield National Golf Club, 3750 National Parkway, Mansfield.
- Movin’ Mavs Alumni Basketball Game, 1
p.m. Feb. 11, Maverick Activities Center, 500 W. Nedderman Drive.
- Festival on the Plaza, 3:30 p.m. Feb. 11, Pecan Street.
- Visit www.uta.edu/homecoming for the full Maverick Homecoming 2012 schedule.
The University of Texas at Arlington is a comprehensive research institution of 33,439 students in the heart of North Texas. Visit www.uta.edu to learn more.
The University of Texas at Arlington is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
america architecture bioengineering biology chemistry collaboration computer economic economy emerging endowment english environmental explore hospital innovative institute lab leader math maverick nursing online partnership professors retail speakers tech venue war
AFLA 20 linguistics conference
Sun, May 19 – All Day
Sun, May 19 – 1:30 pm
Sun, May 19 – 2:30 pm
Mon, May 20 – All Day
Building Professional Institute
Mon, May 20 – 8:00 am