UT Arlington Theatre Arts announces 2012-13 Maverick Theatre Company season
20 September 2012
The University of Texas at Arlington’s Department of Theatre Arts announces its 2012-13 season and a new name for its performing arts program: The Maverick Theatre Company will distinguish the department's performances from its academic offerings.
“Our theatre-goers will appreciate how much Maverick pride is in each of our performances and how much campus spirit our student theatre artists have here at UT Arlington,” said Natalie Gaupp, senior lecturer in the theatre arts department.
The season production selections are slated to offer audiences a well-rounded theatre experience combining thought-provoking drama, humor, and music. Productions range from the work of contemporary dramatist José Rivera to the Tony Award-winning musical, Fiddler on the Roof.
All productions will either be in the Mainstage Theatre or UTA Studio Theatre. Both theaters are in the Fine Arts Building, 502 S. Cooper St.
For more details, visit www.uta.edu/theatre/. The schedule includes:
- Ah, Wilderness! 8 p.m. Oct. 19, 20, 25, 26 and 27; 2:30 p.m. Oct. 28 – Dennis Maher, associate professor in the Department of Theatre Arts, directs this play by Nobel Prize-winner Eugene O’Neill. The play presents a romantic sentimental tale of youthful indiscretion in a New England town on Independence Day 1906.
- Marisol, 8 p.m. Nov. 9, 10, 15, 16 and 17; 2:30 p.m. Nov. 18 – In this urban fantasy, one young woman must fight for survival in a world turned upside down. Marisol is recommended for adult audiences due to language and content. Professor and associate chair Andrew Gaupp will direct.
- Fiddler on the Roof, 8 p.m. Feb. 27, 28, March 1 and 2; 2:30 p.m. March 3 – This Tony Award-winning Broadway musical captures the hearts of people around the world with its universal appeal. Assistant Professor Anne Healy will direct.
- Goodnight Desdemona, 8 p.m. April 4, 5 and 6; 2:30 p.m. April 7 – Associate Professor Joe Chapa directs this adventuresome play by Ann-Marie MacDonald.
- Mavplays, 8 p.m. April 25, 26 and 27; 2:30 p.m. April 28 – Formerly known as Spring Theatrefest, this spring festival of one-act plays showcases talent of theatre arts majors, both as actors and directors.
For inquiries about season ticket subscriptions, single tickets, group rates or reservations, call the UT Arlington Theatre Box Office at 817-272-2669.
For more about the UT Arlington Department of Theatre Arts, visit www.uta.edu/theatre.
The University of Texas at Arlington is a comprehensive research institution of more than 33,200 students in the heart of North Texas. Visit www.uta.edu to learn more.
The University of Texas at Arlington is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
america architecture bioengineering biology chemistry collaboration computer economic economy emerging endowment english environmental explore hospital innovative institute lab leader math maverick nursing online partnership professors retail speakers tech venue war
Mon, May 20 – All Day
Building Professional Institute
Mon, May 20 – 8:00 am
Paper's Due Drop Inn
Mon, May 20 – 11:00 am
Tue, May 21 – All Day
Building Professional Institute
Tue, May 21 – 8:00 am