legendary rock group Kansas will perform in concert at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, June
1, 2013 at College Park Center.
will be available to the public beginning at 10 a.m. Thursday, April 4, through
the College Park Center website, www.utatickets.com or at the College Park Center Box Office, 601 Spaniolo Drive (formerly
South Pecan Street.). Fan club members and venue premium seat holders will be
eligible to purchase pre-sale tickets beginning at 10 a.m. Thursday, March 28,
online at www.utatickets.com.
Kansas, wildly popular during the 1970s and '80s, gained a new
generation of fans after its music was featured in the video games
Guitar Hero, Guitar Hero II, Rock Band 2 and Guitar Hero Smash Hits.
Kansas VIP and premium ticket package information will be available at www.kansasband.com.
Kansas achieved career success by playing only their original music. This one-time garage band from Topeka, Kan., released its first album in 1974. Some of Kansas’ most popular songs include, “Carry on Wayward Son, “Dust in the Wind,” and “Point of Know Return.”
In the 1970s and 1980s, Kansas appeared on the Billboard charts for over 200 weeks, and played to sold-out crowds throughout North America, Europe and Japan. The band has produced eight gold albums, their albums, “Leftoverture,” “Point of Know Return” and “Best of” achieved sextuple-Platinum success. In addition, they produced one platinum live album with “Two for the Show.” Their million-selling gold single, “Dust in the Wind” will always be an acoustic classic.
The band released “Always Never the Same,” recorded with the London Symphony Orchestra, 1998 and produced “Somewhere to Elsewhere” in 2000.
The band is currently comprised of drummer Phil Ehart; bassist Billy Greer; violinist David Ragsdale; singer/keyboardist Steve Walsh; and guitarist Richard Williams.
College Park Center concert details
- Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Saturday, June 1, 2013. The concert begins at 7:30 p.m.
- Tickets go on sale to the public beginning at 10 a.m. Thursday, April 4, through www.utatickets.com
- Fan club members and venue “premium” seat holders tickets go on presale at 10 a.m., Thursday, March 28, online at www.utacollegepark.com or at the College Park Center Box Office, 601 Spaniolo Drive; or by calling 817-272-9595.
- Ticket prices are $29, $35 and $50. A $7 service fee will be added to each ticket. The Box Office accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
- UT Arlington students, faculty and staff are advised to create a ticket-purchasing account prior to the sale date. Those who already have an account are advised to test their login prior to the sale date.
- Students, faculty and staff must use their UT Arlington NetID to purchase tickets. Contact the Office of Information Technology Helpdesk at 817-272-2208 for questions about NetIDs.
The University of Texas at Arlington is a comprehensive research institution of more than 33,800 students and 2,200 faculty members in the heart of North Texas. Visit www.uta.edu to learn more.