The following information will help create the most productive use of time with your advisor during your scheduled appointment.
- Prior to the appointment with your advisor, please take 20 minutes to view the Virtual Information Session. This will present an opportunity to learn the basic information about the program and will allow time for you to prepare questions to bring to your scheduled appointment.
- NOTE: There are two policy changes starting with spring 2014 applicants which are not reflected in the VIS:
- The minimum required GPAs calculated by the College of Nursing for ranking purposes has increased to 2.75.
- The additional consideration regarding the Honors College has increased to nine hours.
- It is helpful to bring a copy of your transcripts from outside institutions to the appointment. For the purpose of the appointment, unofficial transcripts will suffice. With that information available, your advisor will be able to prepare a Degree Plan specific to your situation. This Degree Plan will let you know which nursing prerequisite courses have already been completed, what is still needed, and how competitive you are for being accepted into the upper-division nursing program.
Prior to the scheduled appointment, if you would like to pre-determine what prerequisite courses have been completed, what needs to be completed, and how competitive you are, please utilize the BSN Prerequisite Form (Unofficial).
Equivalency charts from local colleges and universities can be used to determine what courses have been approved for transfer. During your appointment, the academic advisor will complete an evaluation.
NOTE: Transcripts from either a foreign country or military school need to be evaluated by UT Arlington’s Office of Admissions to determine what will transfer into the university. Nursing Academic Advisors are not able to make that determination.
Your advising appointment will be on UT Arlington’s campus, Pickard Hall 6th floor. Parking is available at the meters surrounding the building (change required), or the parking garage located just north of Pickard Hall (hourly parking rates required). Once arriving to the 6th floor, check in with the receptionist and further instructions will be provided.
Allow ample time to arrive to campus, park, and get to the designated location. Students arriving ten minutes or later from the scheduled appointment time will be required to reschedule.
If you have questions prior to your scheduled appointment, you are welcome to e-mail your assigned academic advisor. Advisor assignments are determined by the first letter of your last name as listed at this website: http://www.uta.edu/nursing/bsn-program/bsn-advising