Thank you for your interest in UT Arlington's pre-licensure Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program(s). The following information is designed to provide information on how to create the most productive use of time with your advisor during your scheduled appointment.
Pre-licensure Bachelor of Science (BSN) Program Options
UT Arlington's College of Nursing offers the pre-licensure program in three different options:
- Off-Campus, Accelerated Program (AP BSN)
- Veterans Bachelor of Science in Nursing (VBSN)
Prior to the appointment with your advisor, please take some time to view the program information that best fits your interest. If you are interested in either the Campus-Based or Off-Campus Accelerated Program options, a virtual information session (VIS) is available. The VIS provides basic information about the program.
- Campus-Based VIS link
- Off-Campus, Accelerated Program (APBSN) VIS link
- Veterans Bachelor of Science in Nursing (VBSN) VBSN link
- It is in your best interest to come to your appointment with prepared questions.
- For additional information regarding the program option, review the website information utilizing the menu on the left side where you can select your specific area of interest.
- It is recommended that you take some time to read through the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) prior to your advising session.
- It is helpful to bring a copy of your transcripts from outside institutions to the appointment. For the purpose of the appointment, unofficial transcripts will suffice. With that information available, your advisor will be able to prepare a Degree Plan specific to your situation. This Degree Plan will let you know which nursing prerequisite courses have already been completed, what is still needed, and how competitive you are for being accepted into the upper-division nursing program.
Prior to the scheduled appointment, if you would like to pre-determine what prerequisite courses have been completed, what needs to be completed, and how competitive you are, please feel welcome to utilize the BSN Prerequisite Form (Unofficial).
Equivalency charts from local colleges and universities can be used to determine what courses have been approved for transfer.
NOTE: Transcripts from either a foreign country or military school need to be evaluated by UT Arlington’s Office of Admissions to determine what will transfer into the University. Nursing Academic Advisors are not able to make that determination.
Appointment Location and Parking Information
Your advising appointment will be on UT Arlington’s campus, Pickard Hall 6th floor. Once arriving at the 6th floor, check in with the receptionist and further instructions will be provided.
Know where to park! Check out UTA's Parking and Transportation Services Office's website to get information about where you are allowed to park, and where your lot is relative to Pickard Hall. There is a privately operated parking garage adjacent to Pickard Hall, the Maverick Parking Garage; check their website for hours and rates.
Allow ample time to arrive to campus, park, and get to the designated location.
Late Arrival Policy
Students arriving ten minutes or later from the scheduled appointment time will be required to reschedule.
If you have questions prior to your scheduled appointment, you are welcome to e-mail your assigned academic advisor. Advisor assignments are determined by the first letter of your last name. To locate your assigned advisor, use this link: http://www.uta.edu/nursing/academics/advisors (find your advisor under the program category and then the first letter of your last name)