The UT Arlington College of Nursing, in conjunction with the Honor’s College, offers the opportunity to earn an Honors Degree. To earn this degree, a student must have at least 24 hours of Honors coursework, including at least 9 hours in nursing at UTA. The 9 hours in nursing must include 3 hours in Research (a required course), and a 3 hour Senior Project (Thesis/Creative Activity, Service Learning, Study Abroad, or Internship). The remainder of the student’s Honors hours can be earned in any of the nursing courses in which a student contracts to do an Honors project. Students may “transfer in” honors courses from another university or junior college.
The faculty of the College of Nursing is committed to assisting students in the pursuit of an Honors Degree, and many students have had the opportunity to enrich their education through a variety of creative projects, some of which have included working with faculty on specific research projects.
Consider the benefits available to Honors students:
- Study Abroad Semesters
- Early Registration (provided clinical requirements are submitted by the deadline)
- Priority placement at a clinical site (site only, not specific unit at the site, and only for those demonstrating progress in the honors program).
- Internships/Research Assistantships
- Personalized attention/Academic Advising
- Faculty/Student interaction
- Independent Research
- Extended Library Privileges/Honors College Library/Study Lounge
- Computer Access in Honors College
- Honors College Council
- Informal Social Gatherings
- Graduate School Preparation
- Opportunities to attend Honors Symposia, Lecture Series & Artistic Presentations
- Additional consideration at time of application to the College of Nursing for those students who have earned 6 honors credits
Honors College admission is competitive. Honors candidates must fulfill at least one of the following criteria, as well as submit an essay:
- Entering Freshmen: a combined Critical Reading and Math SAT score of 1200; an ACT score of 27; the upper 10% of their high school graduating class
- Currently enrolled or transfer students: 3.35 G.P.A.
The online application for admission to Honors College can be accessed at the Honors College website. For additional information, please contact Dr. Deborah Behan, the College of Nursing Honors Coordinator at 817-272-2776 or email@example.com.
- 3.35 GPA
- Completed Honors College Application
- Honors Degree Requirements
- 24 hours honors coursework with a minimum of 9 hours in Nursing at UTA
- UTA Honors College
- BSN Courses