- The Center offers a Travel, Study, Learn opportunity each January for health care professionals who wish to begin or refine Spanish language skills and learn about Mexican culture and health firsthand. Brochure
- A Medical Spanish for beginners course: “Nursing Communication with Spanish-Speaking Clients” is offered upon request.
- “Enhancing Nursing Practice and Safety with Hispanic Patients Through Better Communication: Medical Spanish”
- Evaluation of Content Validity and Reliability of the Institutional Self Assessment (ISA) and the Healthcare Professional Professions Self Assessment (PSA).
- 3rd Endowed Lecture -“Diversity: The cornerstone of health” was held October 15, 2010.
- 2nd Annual Endowed Hispanic Lectureship – was held October 4, 2007. Lectureship theme: Social Justice and Issues of Health of Hispanics.
- Endowed Hispanic Lectureship in Nursing and Health was held Monday, October 2, 2006 more information
- 4th International “Crossing Borders” Conference – Globilization: Unexpected Health Consequences was held April 8-9, 2005 – Fort Worth, TX
- 3rd “Crossing Borders” Conference – 2002 – Emerging Knowledge in Culture and Health: Caring for Hispanic Populations. Disseminated in July 2003 issue of Journal of TransCultural Nursing.
- 2nd “Crossing Borders” Conference – 2001 – International Partnerships in Culture and Health Care: Caring for Mexican Immigrant Populations. Disseminated in Summer 2002 Journal of Multicultural Nursing & Health
- 1st “Crossing Borders” Conference – 2000 – Implementing and Evaluating Cultural Competence in the Health Workforce: Disseminated in a Monograph – University of Texas at Arlington