Faculty and Associates of the Center have conducted research in the following areas related to minority health:
- Missing in Texas: Hispanics in the Health Professions (current) Funded by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
- Relationships between hardiness, stress, perceived social support, perceived institutional support and progression among minority students in a Master of Nursing Science Program. (current) Funded by the Center for Hispanic Studies in Nursing and Health.
- Acculturation Effects on Health Promoting Lifestyle Behaviors Among Hispanic Origin Pregnant Women
- Health Promoting Lifestyle Behaviors of Pregnant Women of Mexican Origin
- Birth Outcomes and Family Planning Patterns of the Hispanic Immigrant Woman
- Knowledge, Attitudes and Skills of Health Care Personnel, Health Professional
Students and Nursing Faculty Towards Patients of Diverse Cultures