> Policy Regarding Encumbered Registered Nurse (RN) Licensure
Policy Regarding Encumbered Registered Nurse (RN) Licensure
- Students admitted to the Graduate Programs in Nursing must have an unencumbered RN License.
- If a student experiences an encumbered license (such as a RN license with stipulations or restrictions) during their graduate studies, he/she must notify the appropriate Assistant/Associate Dean for their Program immediately upon receipt of the encumbrance. The student will provide the appropriate Assistant/Associate Dean with a copy of the Agreed Order.
- Students may be allowed to take non-clinical courses with an encumbered license.
- Students will not be allowed to take clinical courses with an encumbered license.
- The student will notify the appropriate Assistant/Associate Dean of their Program when the student’s license becomes unencumbered and provide a copy of the Board of Nursing’s notification letter.
- Failure to notify the appropriate Assistant/Associate Dean of their Program of an encumbered RN license will be considered academic misconduct and be treated as such.