Frequently Asked Questions
What is Off-Campus Mavericks?
Check out the About OCM section of our website to learn more about the Off-Campus Mavericks program. In general, Off-Campus Mavericks is a program to support commuter students at UT Arlington. We understand that being a commuter student can be difficult and cause additional challenges, so we are here to help address those concerns in any way possible as well as connect off-campus students to campus.
Is there public transportation in the city of Arlington?
Arlington does not currently offer a public transit system. There are, however, still several ways to get around in the city of Arlington. Check out the City of Arlington transportation page for a full list of ways to get around.
Where can commuter students park on campus?
Commuter students have the option of purchasing a student parking permit or remote lot parking permit. To learn more, check out the Parking Services website, found under the Resources section, for all parking rules and regulations.
Is there a place to heat up food that I bring from home?
There are a couple of microwaves available on campus for student use. Students can use these conveniently located microwaves in the following locations:
- Off-Campus Mavericks Center, Maverick Activities Center – Located at the coffee bar
- University Center outside the Market
Where are good places to study and relax in between classes?
There are several spaces on campus that are great to study and relax in between classes. Here is a list of those commuter friendly spaces on campus with a list of some of the amenities that make them great:
- Off-Campus Mavericks Center, Maverick Activities Center – The home to off-campus students on campus! Includes 25 new computers, LCD monitor for group study projects, café style seating, renovated Maverick market, microwave, café style and comfortable seating
- Bowling and Billiards, University Center – Includes a 12 lane bowling alley, 9 table billiard hall, large screen TV, and game room, and hosts campus traditions such as Late Night Breakfast bowling, Blue and White Bash, Battle of the Bands, and more
- Sam’s Click Café, Central Library – Home to 57 PC computers and 17 MAC computers, two group study rooms, laptop data ports, and the Central Library Café proudly brewing Starbucks beverages
- The Plaza – Offers a variety of healthy and fast food choices including Chick-Fil-A, Pizza Hut, Panda Express, and Subway
- Digital Media Studio – A self service digital production and training facility with PCs, Macs, video/audio equipment, scanners, software, and more
- Architecture Building Courtyard – On a beautiful Texas afternoon, this area is great for studying or a coffee break with friends
Need more help?
If you need additional help you are always welcome to call the Off-Campus Mavericks Center at 817-272-3213, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by our office located in the Maverick Activities Center.
Another great resource is the Campus Information Center located in the University Center. The Campus Information Center can help answer any of your questions at 817-272-4636.
Happy B-day, UTA
Celebrate UT Arlington’s birthday with cake, tours, speeches, and songs on Founder's Day, the second Wednesday in October.