Off Campus Housing
Are you looking for housing? UT Arlington has on-campus housing opportunities, from spacious apartments to the five campus residence halls that offer affordable and convenient options. If on-campus living is not an option or you would simply prefer to live off campus, then Off-Campus Mavericks is here to support you through that process. There are many apartments and housing options available for rent in the surrounding area near UT Arlington and in the Arlington community. However, it is important to be prepared for this difficult process. Off-Campus Mavericks has a list of things to do to prepare you for moving out on your own:
- Attend the Shorthorn’s annual Housing Fair for the opportunity to speak about housing opportunities in the Arlington community. Make sure to stop by the Off-Campus Mavericks’ booth!
- Check out the annual Shorthorn Housing Guide, a special section of the student newspaper for tips and advice on moving out. Pick up the current housing guide in the Off-Campus Mavericks Center.
- Search for the right apartment through an apartment search site. These sites filter through price ranges, accomodations, location, and more to help you find your ideal apartment. Below are three sites that will help you find an apartment in or around the Arlington area.
- Know your rights and responsibilities as tenants in the state of Texas.
- Know the laws concerning landlords and tenants.
- Fill out a roommate agreement form, similar to this sample form, to make sure all roommates are in agreement.
- Inspect the property during both move in and move out using a checklist like this one.
- Check out the area around you to ensure it has everything you need.
- Think of the questions you need to ask the landlord prior to signing the lease. Use these examples as a guide for the kinds of questions you need to ask.
Find a shuttle to get you from the parking lot to class or from one side of campus to another.