New International Students - Register Here

Contact Us

Office of International Education

Swift Center 1022 UTA Blvd.
Box 19028
Arlington, Texas 76019-0028
Phone: (817) 272-2355
Fax: (817) 272-5005
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday from 8:00am - 5:00pm
OIE Advising Schedule

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I receive my I-20?

New student I-20s are issued by the Office of Admissions. Transfer students who are already attending an institution inside the U.S. should also contact the Office of Admissions about their transfer I-20.

How do I apply for the F-1 visa?

Visit your country's U.S. Embassy or Consulate website to learn where you will apply for your F-1 visa. Learn how to schedule an appointment, how many times you can apply for your visa, what specific documents are required, and what procedures must be followed.
Apply for your F-1 visa as soon as possible. Make sure that you allow adequate time for security checks.

Documents for Your Visa Application Interview

  • All appropriate U.S. Department of State forms and documents as listed on the Embassy/Consulate Web site, including your non-refundable visa application fee and photographs.
  • Valid passport.
  • Information showing admission to a UT Arlington program.
  • Financial Support Evidence.
  • Documents proving intent to return to the home country after completion of F-1 status.
  • Form I-20
    • For students renewing their visa after a stay in the United States:
      • Transcripts from all U.S. institutions attended,
      • Support documentation from your academic program,
      • All U.S. transcripts, and
      • All previously issued I-20s.

Do I have to attend orientation?

All F and J visa holders are required to attend International Orientation before registering for classes. This is not the same as department or New Maverick Orientation.

Do I have to register for orientation?

Yes, you need to register for the orientation seminar. Click here to register.

Where is orientation held?

Please see the orientation schedule.

What else do I need to do before orientation?

If required, you will need to submit proof of Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination. You can also find helpful information in the Welcome Newsletter.

Where can I find more information about airport pick up?

Transportation from the DFW airport to Arlington can be arranged through Ministry Alliance Big Howdy or Super Shuttle.

What if I cannot enter the US by the date on my I-20?

Please send an email to with your UTA ID number and the date you will be able to reach the US.

More queries

All fields are mandatory.

First Name:
Last Name:
Email ID: