Forms » Full-time Enrollment Waiver
F-1 international students are required to maintain full-time enrollment every fall and spring semester. Full-Time enrollment for long semesters (fall and spring) is 12 semester hours for undergraduates and 9 semester hours for graduate students. Full-time enrollment is also required in the summer if that is your first semester at UTA. (Please check with an OIE advisor during advising hours for summer full-time enrollment guidelines.) Immigration has a limited number of acceptable reasons why a student may drop below the full-time enrollment requirement. Students must receive approval from the OIE before falling below full time enrollment. The form below is necessary to receive approval for a full-time enrollment waiver.
- Fill out page 1 of the Full-Time Enrollment Waiver form and sign at the bottom of page 1. Initial the bulleted statements showing your responsibilities in order to maintain status when receiving a full-time enrollment waiver.
- Take the Full-Time Enrollment Waiver form to your academic advisor. Your advisor must then decide if your specific case fits into the allowable reasons as defined by USCIS shown on page 2 of the form and mark the appropriate reason. The advisor then signs at the bottom of page 2 on the form.
- Turn in the singed form to the front desk of OIE.
- Within 7-10 business days, OIE will determine eligibility. Note: processing times may vary if follow-up is required.
- A copy of the completed form is available upon request.