Forms » OPT Pre-Completion
Please attend one of the OPT seminars if you have any questions regarding OPT. See the OPT Seminar Schedule for more info.
Pre-Completion OPT is a work authorization used in limited circumstances primarily for students who have coursework remaining, have used 2 semesters of CPT and would like to work prior to graduation. If you still have coursework remaining, pre-completion OPT is limited to part-time (20 hours per week or less) during the fall and spring semesters and may be full-time (more than 20 hours per week) during non-required summer sessions or other official university breaks. See the OPT General Overview for a complete discussion of this category.
- The last date the OIE can guarantee OPT I-20 processing for Fall 2013 graduates is: Friday January 31, 2014
- The earliest date we will start accepting OPT applications for Spring 2014 graduates is: Monday February 3, 2014
- Earliest possible start date for post-completion OPT for Spring 2014 graduates: Friday May 9, 2014
- The last date the OIE can guarantee OPT I-20 processing for Spring 2014 graduates is: Monday June 30, 2014
- Submit the four forms/documents below to the OIE front desk. We recommend that you type the I-765. A sample of a filled I-765 is available here.
- Within 7-10 business days, OIE will print a new I-20 and contact you to come and sign/pick-up new I-20.
- After you have signed the I-20, you will need to mail your application to USCIS. See OPT Mailing Instructions page for mailing instructions.
- The OIE will contact you when your card arrives.
- Pick up the card yourself.
- Send an email authorizing a specific person to pick up the card for you.
- Provide a self-addressed, stamped envelope for us to mail the card to you.