Forms » Change of Educational Level
When an F-1 student changes academic level, such as changing from Language Training to an academic program, Undergraduate to Master's, Master's to PhD, Second degree at the same level, or Practical Training to a new academic program, USCIS must be informed of the change. This notification must be accomplished in the SEVIS system as soon as possible, the student must request a new SEVIS I-20 which reflects the new academic program.
- Bring the following documents into the International Office:
- SEVIS I-20.
- Letter of acceptance into new program.
- Letter of financial support, not more than 6 months old, showing enough funds to cover expenses (tuition and living expenses) for one year
- A letter of award if he/she is a GTA, GRA, or is currently a recipient of a competitive scholarship
- The Office of International Education will prepare the new SEVIS I-20 based on the above information