Scholarships / Loans » The Mustaque Ahmed Loan Fund
- Must have completed all primary and secondary education (K-12) out of the United States and/or United States territories
- All classifications are eligible, except degreed undergraduates.
- Undergraduate students must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 semester hours and have a minimum 2.0 GPA.
- Graduate students must be enrolled in a minimum of 9 semester hours and have a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Must agree to all terms and conditions, including, but not limited to, the loan acceptance procedures and requirements outlined herein and issued in the loan agreement at the time of the award.
- Students who have met the above requirements will be given additional preference for the following: Documented involvement in university extra-curricular activities.
Loan Award Process
The Office of International Education Committee will select recipients based on the eligibility criteria set forth under the eligibility section of this document. The number of the recipients and the amount of the award will be decided by the committee and administered by the Executive Director of International Education or his/her designee.
The minimum loan amount is $500 with increments of $250, not to exceed $1,000 maximum. Interest will not be charged. As an institutional loan, the loan must be paid back within the same semester unless the loan repayment deadline is extended by the OIE Selection Committee. Payback may be in increments, but total repayment must be made by the end of the semester. A transcript and enrollment hold will be placed once the loan becomes past due. Transcript and enrollment holds will automatically be removed when past due and currently billed amounts are paid in full.