Graduate Research Assistantship
Please do not apply if you do not meet the minimum requirements.
The OIE GRA will be responsible for ongoing maintenance and improvements on OIE website using web-based technologies. This is a significant role of this position. So a candidate with proficiency in web-based technologies (Dreamweaver and other Adobe products) will be highly preferred. Also, the GRA will need to be able to be a power-user in Microsoft Office products such as Excel. There are several programs and reports that utilize Excel in the office and familiarity or willingness to maintain macros in Excel will be required.
- Masters level student
- Proficiency in Dreamweaver, php and HTML
- Experience with MS Excel and willingness to solve problems and maintain solutions in these applications
- Good communication skills (speaking and writing). Candidate should be able to effectively communicate between technical and less technically sophisticated audiences
- Ability to assess the needs and goals of the Office of International Education and creatively develop systems to accomplish those goals. Creativity in solving problems of varied complexity and scope
- Professional or academic experience in graphic design (Adobe Photoshop)
- Comfortable with Visual Basic for Applications
- Comfortable with Excel Macros
- Experience in pulling SQL reports and data analysis
- Should be comfortable/familiar with trouble-shooting of common computer related problems
Qualified, interested applicants should bring a resume to the Office of International Education or send their resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Successful candidates will demonstrate skills by example during the interview.