SEVIS Address Guidelines for F-1 and J-1 Students
Your PHYSICAL PRESENCE ADDRESS must be your address in the USA and your address information must conform to SEVIS guidelines for the duration of your program regardless of whether you are in the United States or temporarily outside the U.S. If you move, you must update your address within 10 days.
How to enter your PHYSICAL PRESENCE (US) address:
Note: PHYSICAL PRESENCE address must meet United States Postal Service (USPS) standards. Your Physical Presence address must be a residential address, not a P.O. Box or a department address.
- Go to MyMav>Student Center>Personal Information>Address>Add New Address
- Enter the address:
- Enter the street address and apartment number (if you have one) in Address Line 1 only. (For example: 1234 MAVERICK CT APT 1).
- Do NOT ENTER a P.O. Box or UTA department address.
- Do NOT use punctuation.
- Address Line 2 should be blank.
- Enter the city, state and postal code. County is not required.
- Click Search and then check box next to “Physical Addr” and Save.
- Do not use the override option unless you live on campus.
- If your address cannot be verified then check that your address meets federal Post Office standards at:https://tools.usps.com/go/ZipLookupAction_input
- Input the address. If the USPS site provides a slightly different address than the one you entered, copy the address provided by USPS into Address Line 1
- Example: If you entered: 5678 SUMMIT AVE. APT. 9, ARLINGTON, TX 76013 And the result from the USPS website is:
5678 SUMMIT AVE APT 9
ARLINGTON, TX 76013 - 6650
- Then, paste: 5678 SUMMIT AVE APT 9 into Address Line 1.
- Click “Save.”