Student & Scholar Services » New OPT Processing and Case Management Fee
An OPT Processing and Case Management Fee will be charged when students apply for post-completion OPT and/or the 17-month STEM extension. This fee will be used to subsidize the costs associated with the mandatory case management for students on Optional Practical Training after graduation.
The following fees will apply:
12 Month OPT: $100
17 Month OPT Extension: $150
This fee is not for expedited processing. Normal 7-10 business day processing will apply.
- The last date the OIE can guarantee OPT I-20 processing for Fall 2013 graduates is: Friday January 31, 2014
- The earliest date we will start accepting OPT applications for Spring 2014 graduates is: Monday February 3, 2014
- Earliest possible start date for post-completion OPT for Spring 2014 graduates: Friday May 9, 2014
- The last date the OIE can guarantee OPT I-20 processing for Spring 2014 graduates is: Monday June 30, 2014
Students should log into MyMav and proceed to the Self Service tab>Campus Finances>Make a Payment>Purchase Items.
Under the International Office section choose the appropriate fee which applies to you, either OPT Case Mgmt 12 mos. or OPT Case Mgmt 17 mos. Enter the quantity which should always be the number 1. Then click “calculate total” and then “next”.
This will bring up screen to confirm your order. Once you are satisfied that you have selected the correct item click next.
3.Select Payment Method
Choose your payment method, either credit card or electronic check.
4.Specify Payment Details
Choose your preferred payment option and complete the required information.
- Credit Card- enter credit card information
- Electronic Check- enter bank routing number and checking account information
Confirm and submit payment
Once you have paid the fee, please print out a copy of the Payment Result page. Make sure that the print out includes your name shown at the top of the page. Proof of the fee payment is required at the time you submit your OPT Application at the OIE.