UT Arlington provides a computer account referred to as a "NetID." The NetID gives you access to UT Arlington computing resources. These are some services that can be accessed using the NetID:
- Network access on and off campus
- MyMav (registration, grades, payment, billing, advising, etc).
- Omega and Gamma (Linux and Unix servers)
- Network and storage drives
- Creating and publishing web pages
- Library databases
- High Performance Super Computer (available to tenured or tenure-track professors only)
- Visitors and Guests
- Faculty (currently appointed) and Staff
- Students Admitted to UT Arlington
How to Get:
Prospective Students: The Admissions Office will email or send a letter that contains your personal UT Arlington NetID and activation instructions approximately 5 to 7 business days after the receipt of your application. For additional assistance, please contact the OIT Help Desk at email@example.com
Faculty & Staff with current appointments must have someone from their employing department submit the NetID account request form on-line at request IT Help or Faculty and Staff can stop by the Help Desk in the Central Library with their UTA Photo ID during normal business hours to have their NetID created.
UT Arlington Retirees will keep their NetID and email account upon retirement.
Guest, Visitor, Vendor or an Event Account can submit a request through the OIT Computing Help Desk using the instructions here: Requesting a Guest, Visitor, Vendor or Event Account.
Activating or Retrieving your NetID:
All new NetID accounts must be activated online at http://www.uta.edu/selfservice. If you have forgotten your NetID or need to look up a newly issued NetID, please visit https://webapps.uta.edu/oit/selfservice/noauth/forgotnetid.php or contact Help Desk at 817-272-2208 for assistance.