Backing Up Individual Files
System requirements: Mac, Windows
If you need a file backed up on demand, you can make copies manually. This method works well for frequently modified files, such as papers and projects, to ensure that you do not lose the most updated version of a file.
How to Use:
To back up specific files or folders onto an external hard drive or flash drive:
- Open a Window and navigate to your target file(s) or folder(s).
- In Windows, open Windows Explorer.
- In Mac OS X, open a Finder Window.
- Select the file(s) or folder(s).
- From the Toolbar, click on Edit and select Copy.
- Open a Window for your external device and navigate to your destination folder.
- In Windows, access your external device through My Computer.
- In Mac OS X, access your external device through the Finder.
- From the Toolbar, select Edit and then Paste.
Other methods for backing up specific files: