Windows XP / Windows 7 Manual Backup
System requirements: Windows
How to Use:
Store your important files in the My Documents (or Documents for Windows 7) folder.
E-mail, bookmarks, and some other files require more work, as they are not stored in My Documents / Documents folder.
How to back up:
Regardless of what version of Windows you use, you can manually make a backup copy of any file or folder by following these steps:
- Right-click the file or folder that you want to back up, and then click Copy from the menu.
- Open My Computer or Windows Explorer.
- Navigate to and open your backup storage location (an appropriately-sized external hard drive).
- Right-click in the external hard drive where you want to store the backup copy, and then click Paste from the menu.
- Follow Steps 1 through 4 as often as necessary to maintain a current backup of your data files.
You can find more details on Windows backup solutions at the following URL: