Business Collaboration Services
The Business Collaboration Department supports the Office of Information Technology in providing cost effective instruction to the University for specific enterprise applications and systems.
Business Collaboration will:
- Serve as a stakeholder in the creation of any new enterprise applications or systems.
- Develop a set curriculum for each designated enterprise application and system.
- Be a part of the change control process so that the curriculum is updated upon changes to the enterprise application or system.
- Negotiate third party pricing and scheduling for common classes such as Microsoft Office.
- Maintain a service catalog of training classes offered both as instructor-led and conducted by a third-party.
- Maintain a schedule of classes or conduct an on-demand class as required.
- On-demand classes will have sufficient lead time to ensure a qualified instructor is available.
- Provide Lynda.com's Campus solution as a means of instruction on a wide array of common applications and processes.
Business Collaboration Training Services
The Training team provides training, orientations, and workshops to meet the needs of UT Arlington students, faculty, and staff. We also deliver customized training as well as orientations about Business Collaboration services to departments and classrooms by request.
If you have questions about our training or want to request custom training on a service we offer, please send an e-mail to the Business Collaboration Training Team.
SharePoint at UT ArlingtonThe Business Collaboration Team is actively involved in the ongoing efforts to deploy and develop SharePoint Sites for departments and groups at UTA by providing technical assistance, consultation and training.
If your department has not deployed a ShrePoint site and you would like to get started email us at email@example.com.
We also provide the SharePoint User Group site as a forum for sharing ideas and methods. The site also houses the SharePoint Knowledge Blog which allows users across campus to post solutions to SharePoint problems they have encountered. Business Collaboration hosts the SharePoint User Group meetings and invites Site Owners to present instructions for creating unique content that they have used on their own sites.
SharePoint sites are available now for committees and projects which involve faculty and/or staff from multiple colleges or VP areas. Click here to request a new collaboration site.
- SharePoint in Plain English (YouTube video, 3 minutes)
- What can SharePoint do for you? (Microsoft ad video, 3.5 minutes)
- SharePoint Scenario Videos