Pay As-You-Go Printing
Office of Information Technology announces printing changes for Fall 2011
The UT Arlington Office of Information plans to launch several service changes with the beginning of the Fall 2011 semester in response to demand for efficiencies in printing costs.
- Campus printing will be on a pay-as-you-go basis. Students, faculty and staff will be able to buy printing for a low per-page cost established to cover the cost of equipment, paper and toner. See: Printing Prices
Why eliminate the Pharos printing benefit?
- New technologies such as the Blackboard platform allow students to submit papers, Power Point presentations and other assignments without printing.
- Allowing students, faculty and staff to use their MavMoney on their Mav Express cards will ensure that only those who use campus printing services pay and will encourage faculty and staff to use printers in their respective work areas rather than general campus printers.
- The University’s sustainability plan calls for a reduction in printing to reduce our carbon footprint. The UT Arlington community consumes an average of 51 reams of paper a day through the Pharos printing system – the equivalent of 3.06 trees a day. (Source Pharos Print Report 3/18/2010 through 3/18/2011: 2,015,458 jobs, 13,676,421 pages, 8,922,434 B/W sheets, 403,066 color.)
- Switching to a pay-as-you-go system will save the University an estimated $250,000 annually at a time when the state is reducing financial support that helps UT Arlington students achieve their college education.
Questions or comments?
E-mail email@example.com or call 817-272-5020.