How to Print in OIT Computing Facilities
Campus printing is on a pay-as-you-go basis. You just use your MavMoney to print with. Students, faculty and staff will be able to buy printing for a low per-page cost established to cover the cost of equipment, paper and toner.
Pharos Printing (Pay-As-You-Go) is designed to provide the Students with an easy way to obtain printout as required for their academic pursuits while still maintaining good conservation of printing supplies.
Printing has been priced to cover the cost of printing supplies (Paper, Toner, Ink), printer repair and regular equipment replacement. Not to provide income. The cost of Labor is NOT included.
How to Use:
How to Print documents in the OIT Computing Facilities
- Log into Any Computer in a Pharos Controlled Lab
- When ready to Print User selects the Printer from a list of available printers on the Computer and selects Print. Note: Printing on both sides of the Paper ( Duplex ) is the Default, change if needed.
- A pop up box opens to request
- Print Job Name
- Optional Password
- A Small popup window opens near the bottom of the screen to display calculated cost based on the type of document ( color or Black and White ) and number of pages.
- User need to go to the Print release station to initiate print job release.
- Enter the same user Id that was entered at the Computer, Usually your Net id
- Swipe your MAV ID card
- Select the Jobs you want to print, Multiple jobs can be selected by holding down the <CTRL> key while clicking on the job.
- Your TOTAL job cost is displayed at the bottom of the screen as well as the balance you have remaining of the account.
- Collect your printout at the Printer/Plotter.
Note: You are not charged for your print job until you Release the job. Print jobs NOT released will be cleared from the Queue after 2 hours without charges occurring.
Departmental Print Card Requests
Laptop Printing in the Labs: How to print from a personal student laptop.
How to print handouts from PowerPoint:
- Open the file in PowerPoint
- From a web page:
- Open the website, and copy the address (URL) of the website.
- From the File menu in PowerPoint, choose Open.
- In the File Name field, paste the web address and click Open.
- From a web page:
- From File, choose Print Preview.
- Select Handouts (# slides per page) from the Print What drop-down box, where # is 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, or 9 slides per page.
How to print a PDF:
- From File, select Print, and click Advanced.
- From the Advanced Print Setup window, select Print As Image, click OK, and click OK.
- Enter your NetID, and wait for the second print window before closing the program.
- If your pages are not printing correctly, choose page ranges and print a few pages at a time.