Biology Department Lab (LS B27)
- Faculty Administrator:
- Austin, Derrick
- Additional Accounts:
- Deployment Date: 2010 August 25
- (27) Dell Optiplex 780
- Network Environment: UTA Domain
- Software Installed:
- Universal Image 2010 June 6
- Microsoft ForeFront
- Custom Software / Configuration:
- Deep Freeze 7
- Microsoft Office 2007
- Internet Explorer 8
- Roxio DVD Creator
- Client Provided Software:
- SPSS 18
- GS+ 5.1
- Adobe Design
- Macromedia Fireworks
- Canoco 4.5
- SSH Client Suite
- Firefox 3
- GeoDis 2.4
- Client Installed Software:
- TableCurve 2D (Custom Package with 8 licences)
- HP Color LaserJet 3700n
- HP LaserJet 4250n (Default)
- Heat Ticket Number: 0815872
Note: SSH Client is not in package, must be installed before freeze.
SPSS keys must be recovered before the machine is reimaged to avoid license problems.
- Departments and Offices at UT Arlington
System requirements: Windows
How to Get:
How to Use:
OIT creates a bootable restore image to help lab administrators restore software to lab machines. This document explains the process of using the image to restore the lab.
In order to restore the machines using the image, you will need the following:
- Permission to add and remove machines from the domain.
- Bootable Restore Image DVD for the lab.
- Passwords for the oit account, and Deep Freeze.
If you do not have or do not know any of the information listed, please contact .
- Using a copy of the restore DVD, Restore The Machine.
- Login to the local machine as oit.
- Run SAV Liveupdate.
- Allow any updates which Windows needs to install.
- Download and install SSH client
- Unselect both items under My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced -> Startup and Recovery Settings -> System Startup
- Activate SPSS (copy saved key files to machine)
- Activate Deep Freeze and reboot the machine.