Geology Department Lab (GS110/243/246)
- Faculty Administrator:
- Beth Ballard
- Additional Accounts:
- Deployment Date: 2010 August 27
- Hardware: (38) HP Compaq dc7800
- Network Environment: UTA Domain
- Software Installed:
- UI Image: 2010 August 16
- Microsoft Office 2007 (removed Access, Outlook)
- Custom Software / Configuration:
- Deep Freeze 7
- IE Favorite Link: Geol 1425 Lab (also on Desktop/Start Menu)
- IE Favorite Link: Geol 1426 Lab (also on Desktop/Start Menu)
- Homepage set to http://www.uta.edu/ees
- Client Provided Software:
- Client Installed Software:
- HP Laserjet P3005n (1 in each lab)
- Departments and Offices at UT Arlington
System requirements: Windows
How to Get:
How to Use:
OIT creates a bootable restore image to help lab administrators restore software to lab machines. This document explains the process of using the image to restore the lab.
In order to restore the machines using the image, you will need the following:
- Permission to add and remove machines from the domain.
- Bootable Restore Image DVD for the lab.
- Passwords for the oit account, and Deep Freeze.
If you do not have or do not know any of the information listed, please contact Beth Ballard.
- Using a copy of the restore DVD, Restore The Machine.
- Login to the local machine as oit.
- My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced -> Startup and recovery -> Settings
- Uncheck: Time to display list of operating systems
- Uncheck: Time to display recovery options when needed
- Select appropriate default printer.
- Activate Deep Freeze and reboot the machine.