Human Resources Department Lab (CE/WFDC 200 H)
- Faculty Administrator:
- Elena Radeva
- Crystal Anderson
- Additional Accounts:
- Deployment Date: 2008 June 10
- Hardware: (7) Dell Optiplex GX 260
- Network Environment: WORKGROUP
- Software Installed:
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3
- Microsoft Office 2003 w/SP3
- .Net 1, 2, and 3
- OIT SMS Client Package
- QuickTime Player 7.4.5
- OIT Spybot Package 1.5.
- Identity Finder 3.0
- Adobe Reader 8.1.2
- Acrobat Reader Language and Spelling Tools
- Adobe Flash Player
- Adobe SVG Viewer 3
- Custom Software / Configuration:
- Deep Freeze 6.30
- IE7 Blocker Toolkit
- Home Page: http://www.uta.edu/uta/employ
- Client Provided Software:
- Client Installed Software:
- Heat Ticket Number: 00834243
Note: Set Home Page after installation of image
Installed Java Update 6 after installation of image.
- Departments and Offices at UT Arlington
System requirements: Windows
How to Get:
How to Use:
OIT creates a bootable restore image to help lab administrators restore software to lab machines. This document explains the process of using the image to restore the lab.
In order to restore the machines using the image, you will need the following:
- Permission to add and remove machines from the domain.
- Bootable Restore Image DVD for the lab.
- Passwords for the oit account, and Deep Freeze.
If you do not have or do not know any of the information listed, please contact Elena Radeva or Crystal Anderson.
- Using a copy of the restore CDs, Restore The Machine.
- On first boot, logon as student [use the issued password].
- Allow Windows install updates if prompted. A yellow shield in the system tray appears if updates are available.
- Modify Window XP Startup.
- Modify Symantec Antivirus for Deep Freeze Lab Client settings.
- Open a command prompt, to go the local root directory of C drive by typing C: and hit enter.
- Type cd \WINDOW\security and hit enter.
- Type HR.exe and hit enter.
- Type exit to close the command prompt, then restart the machine
- Close the Security Logon Notice, and machine logs on into the student account.
- Enable Deep Freeze.