Student Employment Department Lab (UC 140)
- Faculty Administrator:
- Eunice Jameson
- Additional Accounts:
- Deployment Date: 2009 November 9
- Hardware: (5) Dell Optiplex GX 280
- Network Environment: WORKGROUP
- Software Installed:
- Adobe Flash Player 10 Active X 10.0.32.18
- Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin 10.0.32.18
- Adobe Reader 9.2
- Identity Finder 3.0
- Java 6 Update 17
- Microsoft Forefront Security Client 1.5
- Microsoft .Net 1, 2, and 3
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3
- OIT SCCM Client Package
- Windows Internet Explorer 8
- Custom Software / Configuration:
- Word 2007 w/SP2
- Internet Explorer 8
- Faronics Deep Freeze Enterprise 6.6.1
- Home page
- Client Provided Software:
- Client Installed Software:
- HP LaserJet4000
- Heat Ticket Number: 001064084
- Departments and Offices at UT Arlington
System requirements: Windows
How to Get:
How to Use:
OIT creates a bootable restore image to help lab administrators restore software to lab machines. This document explains the process of using the image to restore the lab.
In order to restore the machines using the image, you will need the following:
- Permission to add and remove machines from the domain.
- Bootable Restore Image DVD for the lab.
- Passwords for the oit account, and Deep Freeze.
If you do not have or do not know any of the information listed, please contact Eunice Jameson.
- Using a copy of the restore DVD, Restore The Machine.
- On first boot, logon as student [use the issued password].
- Allow Windows install updates if prompted. A yellow shield in the system tray appears if updates are available.
- Open a command prompt, to go the local root directory of C drive by typing C:\ and hit enter.
- Type cd windows\security and hit enter.
- Type semp.exe and hit enter.
- Type exit to close the command prompt, then restart the machine.
- Take the appropriate actions to enable Deep Freeze.