Student MavMail Home
UT Arlington provides students with MavMail (e-mail) accounts. MavMail offers students a convenient way to communicate and collaborate with other students, faculty, staff and friends but it's also an official method with which the university can communicate with students about important deadlines, campus events and conduct transactions such as notification about financial aid awards and tuition statements.
- Large Mailbox: Now 25 GB of mailbox quota for students!
- Calendar: Stay organized, remember important events.
- Contacts: Address Book synchronized with UTA's Global Address Book
- Web-Based: Accessible from any Internet connection, including computers, PDAs, and smart phones.
- Office Web Apps: Create and edit Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft OneNote documents using your favorite web browser.
- Skype: Send instant messages, make free video and voice calls as well as share files with others
- RSS Feeds: In order to effectively utilize the collaborative editing feature Office 365 incorporated RSS feeds. RSS (rich site summary) feeds (when used) send out alerts concerning your projects. When there are changes or updates made to your group documents, RSS feeds alert you of such actions.
- Spam Filter: Forefront Online Protection for Exchange (FOPE) works to combat spam and phishing. Before an email message even gets to your Inbox, its contents is evaluated and assigned a spam confidence level (SCL) value.
Note: If you were using the SkyDrive as part of your UT-Arlington Live@edu email account, you will still use your existing email address and Live password to access your SkyDrive. However, you will no longer be able to set your Live password using My Control Panel. You will need to contact Microsoft directly for support for using SkyDrive. The can access your SkyDrive here: https://skydrive.live.com