File Storage and Sharing
Various file storage and sharing options are available to students, faculty, and staff:
MavSpace is a web based storage space for students, faculty, and staff. You can access files saved on MavSpace from any location as long as you have an Internet connection and a web browser. MavSpace also helps you share files with other UT Arlington members as well as external users. Students are allocated 500 Mb of space and faculty/staff are allocated 800 Mb. For more information visit the MavSpace page or select the appropriate option from above. Learn more...
J: Drive is a personal storage space allocated for every student, faculty, and staff on our servers. This space is mapped to your account and shows up under My Computer when you log on the computers that are on the UTA domain. Students are allocated 160 Mb of space and faculty/staff are allocated 10 GB.
K: Drive is commonly known as a department share and it is an allocation of space on the server to be shared by an entire department. This space is mapped to your account and shows up under My Computer when you log on the computers that are on the UTA domain. Departments are allocated 500 MB of space. Learn more...
Class Folders are located on Iridium server and are used by many instructors as means to collect homework or to share files with the students. Professors can also setup folders in their MavSpace account and give certain access permissions to their students for this purpose. Learn more...
Student Web Folders are located on students.uta.edu server and are used for web publishing. For more information visit Student Web Publishing pages. Learn more...
- Students Admitted to UT Arlington
- Faculty (currently appointed) and Staff
- Departments and Offices at UT Arlington
How to Get:
- Student J: drives and MavSpace are automatically created for individuals that are actively enrolled.
- Faculty/Staff J: drives and MavSpace are automatically created for individuals with an activated NetID (See accounts).
- Departmental K: drives are created for existing departments and can be requested for new departments (e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Departmental MavSpace is available upon request (submit request). Request a Service - Web Account - MavSpace.
- Class folders on iridium.uta.edu are available upon instructor request (e-mail email@example.com).
How to Use: