Map Drive from a PC
System requirements: Windows
This page provides instructions on how to map a drive from a Windows PC.
How to Use:
Mapping Drives on Computers Not on UTA Domain
These instructions are intended for the computers that are usually not part of the UTA domain. You can also use these instructions (starting with step 2) if your UTA domain computer loses the mapping of the network drives or if you need to map additional drives.
- Establish a VPN connection or connect via UTA Wireless Network (on campus).
- Right-click on the My Computer icon (usually on the Desktop or in the Start menu) and choose Map Network Drive.
- Select a drive letter to represent your network folder, enter your server and folder location.
- Connect using a different user name.
This would be the format for student J: drives where, where ne are the first two letters of your NetID, and NetID is your actual NetID. For example, \\quartz.uta.edu\ab\abc1234. Enter your NetID and password when prompted. You may have to type uta\ in front of your NetID.
This would be the format for faculty or staff J: drives where the server is Jupiter, ne is the first two letters of your NetID, and NetID is your actual NetID. For example, \\Jupiter.uta.edu\jo\jones.
This would be the format for departmental shared folders (K: drive) where server could be opal, sweeper, or talisman and dept is the departmental abbreviation. For example,\\sweeper.uta.edu\oit. If you are not sure on which server your folder is located, please call the Help Desk.
This would be the format for student web folders, where ne are the first two letters of your NetID, and NetID is your actual NetID. For example, \\students.uta.edu\ab\abc1234
This would be the format to map to shared class folders. For example, \\iridium.uta.edu\classes\spch1301
- Click the link that says “Log in under a different user name” and enter your NetID and password. You may have to type uta\ in front of your NetID. Your password must not be expired. You can verify the validity of your password and/or choose a new password at the Self Service page.
Known Issues: From Off-Campus - Connect using a different user name