|Working Off-Campus Planning Guide for Staff
Do these things now:
1. Update your contact information
2. Talk to your supervisor about which of your duties could be completed off-campus
3. Make a list of the tools you would need to work off-campus
5. Complete the planning checklist below
1. Identify the Tools you will need to work off-campus
2. Identify the Files you will need to work on
3. Maintain Security Practices when working off-campus
UT Arlington Account
Virtual Private Network
To work off-campus, you may need access to the UT Arlington Virtual Private Network (VPN). VPN requires an active UT Arlington Account. Use the list below to identify if the applications you use require VPN.
These UT Arlington websites do not require VPN:
You may need special equipment to complete your duties off-campus. Your supervisor can determine what you need to maintain the same level of service. Talk to your supervisor before a situation forces you to work off-campus.
For college/department specific software, please contact your department supervisor to determine what you may need.
If you are working with files located in shared folders on the campus network, you will need VPN installed and working on your off-campus computer. In some cases, you may be able to use remote desktop to access shared files. Contact your departmental IT person for more information about using remote desktop to access shared files.
Step 3: Do you need to use an application or departmental tool not listed above?
For college/department specific software, please contact your college/department for further information.