|Working Off-Campus Planning Guide for Students
Do these things now:
1. Update your contact information
2. Make a list of the tools you would need to work off-campus
4. Complete the planning checklist below
Note: If you are also a UT Arlington employee, complete the Planning Guide for Staff.
1. Identify the Tools you will need to work off-campus
2. Identify the Files you will need to work on
3. Maintain Security Practices when working off-campus
UT Arlington Account
Virtual Private Network
To work off-campus, you may need access to the UT Arlington Virtual Private Network (VPN). VPN requires an active UT Arlington Account. Use the list below to identify if the applications you use require VPN.
For college/department specific software, please contact your professor or your college/department.
If you are working with files located in shared folders on the campus network, you will need VPN installed on your off-campus computer. In some cases, you may be able to use remote desktop to access shared files. Contact your department for more information about using remote desktop to access shared files.
If the files you are working with do not contain sensitive information, you might also use a USB jump drive, burn a CD, or send yourself e-mail with the files you need off-campus.