UTA Email Setup for BlackBerry
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) provides minimal support for Blackberry mobile devices. The following how-to instructions are provided to help you configure your Blackberry to work with UTA's Exchange e-mail server. OIT does not guarantee these instructions will always work as advertised.
How to Use:
Blackberry UTA E-mail Setup (for UTA fac/staff only)
To set up E-mail via your BlackBerry®, perform the following steps:
1. Navigate to the BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) web site for your specific carrier.
2. Click "Create New Account" unless you have already done so.
3. In the corresponding fields, enter your unique device PIN and IMEI number. These are found behind the battery (small print) or on the original box that your phone came in.
4. Choose a user name and password that you will remember (not your UTA NetID and password). Click next.
5. Add an existing email account by clicking "Set Up Account"
6. In the following screen, enter your UTA email address and password and click next. Authentication will fail. Proceed to next step.
7. Provide additional information in the following screen. Note: you must enter https://owa.uta.edu in order to correctly setup a UTA account.
8. Within minutes you will see one of the following messages:
- Your account has been added successfully. Select OK to complete setup. Your e-mail account will now be accessible from your BlackBerry handheld. You may exit the BlackBerry® browser once setup is complete.
- We were unable to configure this e-mail account. Select the type of account you want to configure. You will be presented with options. Scroll to and select Outlook/Exchange e-mail via Microsoft® Outlook Web Access (OWA) then continue to step 6.
9. After selecting Outlook/Exchange, scroll to and select the following option: I can access this e-mail account using a Web browser (Outlook Web Access). Selecting this option will allow you to type your mail account settings manually. Complete Steps a and b below. The following information will be required:
- Outlook Web Access URL - owa.uta.edu
- E-mail address - email@example.com
- E-mail account name (mailbox name) - yourNetID@exchange.uta.edu
- Username - your NetID or uta\yourNetID
- Password - your NetID password. Enter required information and select Next. Setup is complete when Your account has been added successfully appears on the screen. Select OK. Your e-mail account will now be accessible from your BlackBerry handheld. You may exit the BlackBerry® browser once setup is complete.
Blackberry UTA Student E-mail Setup (for UTA students only)
Blackberry email setup for students is available here or by logging into student email account and using the help documentation within the account.
BlackBerry Internet Service provides for wireless synchronization of Exchange e-mail only. Outlook calendar or contacts cannot be sychronized wirelessly. Clients wishing to synchronize this information must perform a wired sync in conjunction with BlackBerry Desktop Manager software. OIT does not provide support for BlackBerry Desktop Manager.