Help Desk Home Page
The Help Desk receives, resolves, and/or escalates all computer related requests from faculty, staff, or students by phone, e-mail, in-person, or live chat.
The Help Desk provides the following services:
- Input of IT requests
- Resolutions on common issues (account management, basic MyMav support, Library guest accounts, wireless connection for client laptops, lab printing, file storage support, etc.)
- Escalation of IT requests (second tier staff reviews all assigned tickets to ensure they have all required information and escalate to the appropriate OIT group)
- Distribution of information about IT service interruptions
How to Request a Service or Report a Problem:
- Use our IT Help site to report a problem, request a service, or review your open tickets
- E-mail the Help Desk at email@example.com
- Chat with a Help Desk agent
- Call the Help Desk at 817.272.2208
What to Expect When You Request a Service
- You will receive an e-mail with your ticket number.
- A Help Desk technician will send you an e-mail to do the following:
- Provide his/her name and inform you that he/she will be working on your request.
- Request any additional information needed to resolve the request.
- Setup a time to contact you if needed.
- Provide a "best case scenario" estimate for work completion date/time.
- During the work process, the Help Desk technician will provide major status updates.
- When the request is resolved, the Help Desk technician will send you a completion notice by e-mail.
- If the Help Desk agent cannot resolve the issue, he/she will escalate it to the proper OIT group.
Office: 214 (second floor) Central Library