IT Service Desk HR/Finance Support
In the past, Business Affairs Training and Development as well as other back-office resources were utilized for this purpose. They will continue to service a vital role however the integration and complexity of the UT Share applications, coupled with the Shared Services deployment model, necessitate a more streamlined approach to addressing questions and issues posed by the UT-Arlington's administrative community. The Help Desk will serve as frontline support after the UTShare HR/Finance implementation date.
The Help Desk provides the following services:
- Input of IT requests
- Resolutions on common issues (account management, basic support, permission evaluation, training materials, etc.)
- Escalation of IT requests (second tier Business Affairs Training and Developemnt staff reviews all escalated tickets to ensure they have all required information and escalate to appropriate team or back-end support)
How to Request a Service or Report a Problem:
- Phone: Call x2208, Select Option#3 on the menu, request a service, or report an incident
- E-mail the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
What to Expect When You Request a Service:
- You will receive an e-mail with your ticket number.
- A Help Desk technician will send you an e-mail to do the following:
- Provide his/her name and inform you that he/she will be working on your request.
- Request any additonal information needed to resolve the request.
- Setup a time to contact you if needed.
- Provide a "best case scenario" estimate for work completion date/time.
- During the work process, the Help Desk technician will provide major status updates.
- When the request is resolved, the Help Desk technician will send you a completion notice by e-mail.
- If the Help Desk agent cannot resolve the issue, he/she will escalate it to the proper support team or back-end support.
- Students Admitted to UT Arlington
- Departments and Offices at UT Arlington
- Currently Enrolled UT Arlington Students
- Visitors and Guests
- Faculty (currently appointed) and Staff