Using Dreamweaver CS5
System requirements: Mac, None, Windows
How to use Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 to publish pages to official UTA web servers.
How to Use:
- The first step in using Dreamweaver is to setup a directory on your local computer. This can be accomplished through Manage Sites... found under Site in the menu bar.
- Select New
- In the left column, make sure Site is highlighted. Enter a name for your Website. The name can be anything. For the "Local Site Folder" field, enter the full URL of your web site.
- If your site is located at students.uta.edu, put in \\students.uta.edu\<first 2 letters of your NeID>/<NetID>
- Click Save.
- Click Servers. Click on the + at the bo0ttom of the window.
- Under the Basic tab, fill out the following:
- Server name: this can be anything.
- Connect Using:
- If you are editing a WWW site, click on the down arrow and choose WebDAV.
- If you are connecting to a WWEB site, click on the down arrow and choose WebDAV.
- If you are connecting to a student web site, click on the down arrow and choose FTP.
- If you are connecting to an omega web site, click on the down arrow and choose SFTP
- If your web site is located at http://www.uta.edu/<website_name>, enter https://dav.uta.edu/www.uta.edu/<website_name>
- If your web site is located at http://wweb.uta.edu/<website_name>, enter https://wweb.uta.edu/<website_name>
- If your web site is located at students.uta.edu, for the FTP address, enter in students.uta.edu
- If your web site is located at omega.uta.edu, for the SFTP address, enter in omega.uta.edu
- Username: enter your NetID
- If you are connecting to a WWEB site, you must use uta\<NetID>.
- If you are connecting to a FTP site, you must use uta\<NetID>.
- Password: enter in your password
- For those connecting to WWW or WWEB web sites, using the "Advanced" tab, make sure to select and fill out the following:
- Maintain synchronization information: make sure it is checked
- Enable file check-out: make sure it is checked
- Check-out name: enter in your NetID
- Email address: enter in your UTA e-mail address
- Click Save
- Click Done
- On the right-side of the Dreamweaver interface you should find a menu in the lower right-hand corner. It should have two tabs - one that is the name you gave your website in Step 3 and one saying "Remote Site". Select "Remote Site" and click the "Refresh" button. This will load the site
Click on the "down arrow" You will be asked if you wish to Get dependent files? Click Yes
You should now have a copy of your website on your local hard drive. Edit it, make changes, etc. When you are done you will want to commit those changes to the server by clicking on the "up arrow". You will be asked if you wish to Put dependent files? Click Yes.
- Your changes should then be uploaded and viewable through your viewing URL