ANSYS Technical SupportObtaining Technical Support For ANSYS Software Products
Technical support for ANSYS products is provided through portal accounts registered with http://www.ANSYS.com. At this time these accounts are setup through the ANSYS Site Coordinator and there can be no more than 10 portal accounts on campus.
It is recommended that a Technical Support Portal Account be assigned to someone from each of the academic departments that actively use ANSYS products in their teaching and research that leads to granting a degree. Technical Support portal accounts will be established upon the recommendation by academic departments.
Currently portal accounts for the administration of the ANSYS software contract have been assigned to Rodney Knight and Brandon Gunnip. These administrative contacts are primarily for dealing with the licensing and distribution of current versions. Please note that administrative contacts are not subject matter experts and will be limited in answering technical issues. To reach one of the administrative contacts, please contact the OIT Help Desk.
- Click on the Client ANSLIC_ADMIN Utility program menu item in the Start>All Programs>ANSYS ##>ANSYS Client Licensing menu path.
- Click on the Specify the License Server Machine button in the vertical menu bar on the left hand side.
- When the Specify the License Server Machine window appears, click on the License Server machine in the listing window to select it for editing.
- Click on the Edit Selected Server Machine button.
- Select by clicking in the Hostname 1 field
- Type in the new DNS alias name that corresponds to the OIT established naming convention( lm-"software name""version".uta.edu). Only use major version numbers.
- Click the OK button
- Click the Close button on the Specify the License Server Machine window.
- On the ANSLIC_ADMIN Utility window Click on the View Status/Diagnostic Options button and click on the Display the License Status menu item to verify that the license server is being detected. Right hand window should populate with license status information.
- Exit out of the Client ANSLIC_ADMIN Utility window.
Choosing a license
Instructions on how to select the appropriate Academic License to use before starting AnSYS is detailed on the following web page