Apple VPN Configuration
Description: The following instructions apply to Mac OS X 10.6 "Snow Leopard" and later. For instructions configuring VPN on earlier versions of the Mac OS, please refer to the Cisco VPN configuration instructions.
How to Use:
- From the Apple Menu, select System Preferences. Then open the Network preference pane.
- Click the plus button in the lower left corner.
- Select from the drop down menusInterface: VPNVPN Type: Cisco IPSecEnter the Service Name as "UTA VPN"Click Create when ready.
- Enter the following details:Server Address: vpn.uta.eduAccount Name: Your NetIDPassword: Your NetID PasswordClick Authentication Settings when ready.
- For the Shared Secret, enter "UTAsecret". For Group Name, enter "default". Click OK when ready.
- Click Apply.
- Click Connect to test out your settings and to connect to the UTA VPN.