Setup VPN on iPad
Instructions for configuring the Apple iPad for use with the UTA VPN server.
Related documents:Apple's Guided Tours of iPad
How to Use:
- Find and open the Settings app.
- Tap Network
- Tap VPN
- Tap Add VPN Configuration...
- Tap IPSec
- Enter the following details: Desc: UTA VPN Server: vpn.uta.edu Account: <your NetID> Password: <Leave blank> Group Name: default Secret: UTAsecret Please note that the Group Secret is CASE SENSITIVE.
- Enter your NetID and password. Tap OK when ready
- Tap Agree to the VPN rules.
- Notice how the VPN icon appears next to the wifi icon in the upper left-hand corner of the screen when in use. Also, the VPN switch appears on the front of the Settings app after configuration for simpler enabling and disabling.